Let Honduras surprise you!
The first time we visited Honduras, we were pleasantly surprised. We were expecting an impoverished and crime ridden country, but we could not believe our eyes!
The only part of the country that needs to be avoided, are some suburbs of Tegucigalpa, the capital city. But in touristic places, the beauty of the destination and the friendliness of the locals is astonishing! Honduras is a concentration of Central America in one place : superb landscapes, national parks, volcanoes, lakes, untouched Spanish colonial cities, Garifuna villages settled on strips of sand, lost between the lagoon and the Caribbean sea, and pre-Columbian cities. Close to the border of Guatemala, the site of Copan, with its magnificent steles, are nicknamed “the Paris of the Mayan world”. But Honduras used to be home to several lost civilizations, so Copan is merely one of the fascinating archeological sites you will find here.
If sunbathing at the seaside is more to your liking, then head to one of the beautiful Bay Islands (Roatan, Utila and Guanaja), where many of the English speaking inhabitants are direct descendants of pirates or British sailors. Beautiful beaches, turquoise waters, coral reef, amazing scuba-diving and snorkeling, lush jungle, and an abundance of beach, sea and adventure activities await you there.
Aeromexico – American Airlines – Avianca – Copa Airlines – Delta Airlines – Spirit Airlines – TACA – United Airlines
990 USD for the ground services per person in DBL room, 5 nights.
Incentive program ideas:
– Encounter with dolphins at Anthony’s Key marine rescue centre
– Visit the Mayan city of Copan with an archeologist
– Get an adrenaline rush racing down Roatan’s ziplines
– Enjoy a cocktail next to the majestic Pulhapanzak waterfalls
– Cruise the mirror-like Yojoa lake to watch hundreds of birds
– Discover Honduras-made cigars
– 4WD cars on the sand to Garifuna villages, to have a BBQ lunch between the laguna and the Caribbean sea
– Try fresh exotic fruit at Lancetilla botanical garden
– World class white river rafting at Pico Bonito national park
– Gala dinner on the beach with Garifuna music and dance show