The heart of the Mayan World!
Authenticity is the very definition of Guatemala. With 50% of the population descending directly from ancient Maya ancestors, the country is a myriad of bright colors. From the traditional clothing of the 14 Mayan ethnic groups, to the explosion of colors of the traditional markets and the pastel colonial houses of Antigua. You would be the worst photographer on Earth if you were to come back from Guatemala without stunning photographs. Local people are lovely, friendly, and will gladly share their millennial customs with you.
One must of course mention the lost Mayan cities, preserved in the depths of the rainforest. Hiking through one of Guatemala’s most spectacular sites (there are more than 40 in the country), including the famous Tikal, Yaxha or El Ceibal, you will feel like a 21st century Indiana Jones. While discovering stone temples buried in the jungle, monkeys and toucans hop through the branches above your head, and other tourists are a rare sight. The landscapes, especially the volcanoes, are breathtaking. One cannot miss a boat ride on Lake Atitlan, surrounded by majestic volcanoes, undoubtedly one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. The unique beauty of Semuc Champey’s natural pools will leave you wondering if a divine painter experimented with a palette of green in this natural gem. The colonial city of Antigua, with its cobblestone streets, traditional markets and boutique hotels, is surely one of the most valuable treasures of Spanish colonial heritage in Latin America. Last but not least, do not miss a visit to a coffee plantation, and relish a cup of Guatemalan arabica, one of the best in the world. Guatemala is a pure marvel, with affordable prices and great service. So what are you waiting for?
Contact our DMC and try our expertise in creating exceptional incentive trips in Guatemala!
Aeromexico – American Airlines – Avianca – Copa Airlines – Delta Airlines – Interjet – TACA – United Airlines
990 USD for the ground services per person in DBL room, 5 nights.
Incentive program ideas:
– Thrilling visit of Antigua in vintage cars or Tuc-tucs
– Gala dinner at the colonial church San José el Viejo
– Professional tasting of Guatemalan arabica on a coffee plantation
– Gala dinner and glamping inside the Mayan site of Yaxha
– Helicopter flight over the beautiful Lake Atitlan
– Volcanic barbecue on the heat of Pacaya’s magma
– Watch the processions of Maya “cofrades” at Chichicastenango colorful market
– Catered picnic under the shade of trees, next to Tikal’s pyramids
– Zacapa rum tasting, the best rum in the world (23 years or X.O)
– Motorboat ride through the canyons of “Jurassic Park” Rio Dulce